Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the Roles
The Rider Pricing role requires the Product Marketing Manager to be the voice of the customer, and lead the global product marketing for all rider pricing and promotions: you understand how riders think about trip pricing and promotions, how to contextualize the price and promotion to a rider segment, and when to market which promotions to enhance rider experience with Uber.
As PMM, your job is to motivate riders to make Uber the choice for their transportation needs. Whether it’s for trips to and from the airport, for weekday commuting, or for an evening out on weekends. This requires working closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, Designers, UX Researchers, PR, Policy to build and deliver a magical rider experience - they push a button and get a ride.
[Rider Fares Experience]
The Rider Fares Experience role requires the Product Marketing Manager to be the voice of the consumer and lead the global product marketing across rider fares touchpoints. You understand how riders think about price and promotions, how to contextualize pricing to a rider segment, and when to market which promotions to improve rider experience with Uber.
As PMM, your job is to motivate riders and drivers to make Uber the choice for their transportation needs. This requires working closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, Designers, UX Researchers, PR, Policy to build and deliver a magical experience.
What You'll Do
- Identify key user and market needs. Go deep on understanding the needs and decision-making process of riders as they relate to pricing and promotions. Build data-driven, actionable insights that inform product strategy.
- Own the narrative. Craft the rider messaging and positioning to be used across cities. Test and optimize across target audiences working closely with brand and growth marketing teams to improve communication, and tie into the overall rider lifecycle.
- Drive the go-to-market strategy. Build and scale the go-to-market plan for intelligent rider spend, including marketing assets, launches and feature updates in the cities we operate.
- Develop education and engagement campaigns. Create and execute campaigns that impact the adoption and engagement working with the lifecycle and paid marketing teams.
- Tell the product story. Be the product point-of-contact with PR and Policy teams to craft the benefits of driving with Uber.
What You Need
- 5+ years experience delivering highly successful of go-to-market, demand generation and growth strategies with your fingerprints all over them - you’re very proud of what you’ve accomplished
- Experience working with a cross-functional product team. Expertise managing stakeholders with diverse needs and perspectives.
- Scary-good at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop a strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy plan. You can also play copywriter.
- Top-notch at data-driven market research. You’re a truth-seeking missile. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you’re strong at integrating this information into your growth strategies.
- Finger-tippinesses with data. You just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions and drive growth. Experience with SQL is a plus.
- Execution-focused: You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and take on something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
About the Team
From the moment a rider or driver becomes a part of Uber, the Marketplace team is responsible for taking on some of the hardest quantitative problems related to improving their everyday experiences. These include building and optimizing Uber’s dynamic pricing system; identifying and predicting city-specific traffic, travel, and demand patterns; optimally matching multiple riders to a driver partner for uberPOOL; and intelligently achieving marketplace equilibrium across hundreds of thousands of drivers and millions of active users across 6 continents and 500 cities.
The Intelligent Spend team within Marketplace is responsible for defining the pricing and promotions strategy with the city teams, building the models to efficiently allocate Uber’s spend, effectively marketing the pricing and promotions across the rider journey, and automating communications and measurement in each market.