The Marketplace Platform team builds technology to create and manage Uber’s marketplaces (e.g., personal transportation, EATS, RUSH). Marketplace Platform is responsible for the always-on reliability of Uber’s core dispatching system globally. It’s crucial that these pieces of technology are easy for people to use and understand. Over 100 teams and 500 engineers develop on the Marketplace Platform, making its approachability and user experience a key to Uber’s success.
We’re looking for a Technical Writer (Marketplace Platform) to increase developer efficiency and productivity specifically for Marketplace Platform’s engineers and users. You will work on the Marketplace Platform team, communicating all they build to internal users. With the right balance of writing and technical abilities, you can contribute to the development that has powered billions of trips around the world.
- Work closely with engineers to produce trustworthy technical documentation supporting Uber’s core dispatching system and other services in Uber’s SOA ecosystem
- Learn and write about systems that span many services to deliver a unified set of instructions to users
- Improve existing onboarding and education processes with documentation, helping engineers contribute quicker
- Properly organize documentation, from the layout of content on a page to finding its proper place in the entire documentation taxonomy, with search optimization in mind
- Be a steward of quality and efficiency by defining standards and style guidelines
- Cover complex subjects in the most economical manner possible
- Learn from the experts of the Node.js or Go ecosystems
- Work with various open source projects to learn and contribute to the community
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience writing about large-scale web services (knowledge of HTTP, Rest API, JSON and Thrift is preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to learn technical concepts quickly
- Experience using Git
- Experience creating API documentation or code examples
- Strong product and business focus
- Curiosity to explore new ideas and passion to make them happen
- Understanding of asynchronous event-based programming frameworks such as Node.js or thread-based languages such as Go
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about our technology.