We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
As a Product Marketing Manager for UberEATS you will be responsible for driving business success by working closely with product management, ops, UX/design, engineering and growth marketing teams to drive go-to-market and growth. As part of this role you will be responsible for building impactful marketing programs for UberEATS. This role requires a combination of product understanding, creative/brand thinking, communication skills as well as consumer marketing experience.
What you'll do
Partner with product management, UX, engineering and operations to:
- Be the champion for our users in internal meetings by bringing audience insights and empathy to product discussions.
- Craft impactful go-to-market plans, including messaging, positioning, and PR strategies
- Drive growth by building highly scalable and globally applicable marketing programs
- Drive research plans to derive customer insights, steer & validate the product roadmap, and stay on top of the competitive landscape
- Inspire the rest of the team with a compelling vision
Qualifications & Requirements
- A passion for food, dining and restaurants.
- Minimum 5-8+ years combined product and growth marketing experience delivering highly successful user acquisition and engagement strategies, with a focus on consumer and/or B2B marketing.
- Finger-tippinesses with data: You just get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use data to make decisions and drive growth. You have experience running rigorous multivariate testing. Experience with SQL is a plus.
- Top-notch at market research: You’re a truth-seeking missile. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you integrate this information into your growth strategies.
- Scary-good at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop a strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy. You can also play copywriter.
- Grittiness: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- An owner’s mindset - you can collaborate and get into the details working with engineers, designers and the product managers to drive growth and bring new products to market.
- The ability to make big bold bets using limited information. Every day we do things that have never been done before, and you will need to be comfortable with informed risk-taking.
- A growth expert: You can devise highly effective programs to generate acquire and convert leads for your product. You’re super creative and can rapidly execute on your ideas
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.