We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
As the lead Product Manager for UberEverything Logistics, you will envision and execute on a strategy for how we make our dispatch decisions. How do we ensure reliable delivery during peak times? How do we tune dispatch decisions so that we can maximize courier efficiency? How can we evolve dispatch so that it can support all types of deliveries (cars, bikes, scooters, etc)? As the Product Manager for UberEverything Logistics, these are the types of questions you will wrestle with every day. You will own this critical component of our new businesses, working closely with Data Science on modeling and algorithms.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 4-6 years experience delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them — and you’re deeply proud of what you’ve accomplished
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent, ideally including hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal
- Focused on building businesses, not features. Entrepreneurial experience building and leading businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics
- Customer obsessed. You take on complex product challenges and simplify them to avoid making them our users and partner’s problems
- Finger-tippiness with data. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- “Driver” personality. You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and take on something hands-on
- High bar across the board — from your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the products you work on
- True passion for Uber’s mission, our products, and the company’s hybrid technology/operations nature
- Never-ending desire to grow and learn