The Community Operations Manager will champion high priority projects across APAC. Based in Singapore, but working with teams across the region, this role will provide hands-on leadership to help design, prioritize, and implement projects to help this fast growing region scale. Leveraging operational and analytical experience from challenging environments in the past, this role will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We’re looking for someone who can set a vision and can solve problems from 30,000 feet as well as dive deep into the details. This role will work across many functions and teams, in the region and in other international offices.
As a key member of Uber’s India team, you will partner with the Regional Leads to support strategic decision making through your analytics, heavy data driven approach, and operational mindset. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
What you’ll do:
- Vision: Work closely with other Strategy and Planning Managers and Community Operations Leads across the company to develop overall company operational strategy
- Thought leadership: Work with the Regional Leads to set strategic priorities, align regional and company vision, and share best practices
- Program/project management: Be a hustling multi-tasker, supporting community operations across the region. You’ll be THE go to person for many key initiatives within Community Operations.
- Process improvement: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing or develop new processes to keep the regional teams as efficient as possible
- Scale: Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist community operations expansion efforts, and make data driven decision
- Build relationships: Interface with other functional areas (Engineering, Business Development, People Operations, Product, Legal, Finance etc.) to ensure we are bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems
- Lead by example: Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans, move fast, be biased toward action
What you’ll need:
- 4 - 8 years of investment banking / strategy consulting experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on
- A “driver” personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights
- Bachelor’s degree from top university; MBA highly preferred
- SQL proficiency strongly preferred
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.