Head of Field Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward
The Head of Field Marketing will be a highly strategic, creative, and insight-driven marketer, responsible for managing and directing all of Uber’s decentralized regional and local marketing teams throughout the United States and Canada.
This is a senior leadership position reporting directly to our VP of Marketing. Working most closely with Senior Directors across the US/CA Marketing Leadership team and Ridesharing Business, this person will set the in-market strategy for Uber, while ensuring activations drive brand equity and awareness at a local level.
We are looking for an influential individual with significant experience leading field marketing for a major consumer brand. Our ideal candidate is a stellar relationship builder. She/he should thrive in a fast-paced environment where multitasking is the norm. And have experience managing large, decentralized teams through change.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a highly distributed team of Marketing Managers (100+) across 9 subregions of the US and Canada.
- Direct regional activities—and interaction with mega-regional teams—that ladder up to the overall national marketing strategy. Regional activities may include content development, partnerships, event marketing and brand ambassadors, analysis, and creative.
- Partner with regional operations teams and mega-regional marketing teams to translate their objectives into value-added activities for regional marketing teams.
- Partner with the US/CA Policy & Comms teams to coordinate and amplify marketing activity across media channels.
- Lead and inspire regional US/CA teams to execute world-class quality work, while maintaining the agility and speed of a startup.
- Develop and refine key processes to ensure efficient collaboration and orchestration of work across the Marketing team and key cross-functional partners.
- Travel extensively to regional hubs around the US and Canada.
Successful Candidates Will Bring:
- Minimum 10 years in marketing with experience across field, channel, and demand management.
- Experience in organizational planning and the ability to lead through change.
- Experience in strategic marketing planning and the ability to create programs that return results and enduring business value.
- Experience creating and managing budgets, calculating ROI, and explaining performance of managed programs.
- Experience leading and inspiring geographically dispersed and cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- The ability to unify a highly decentralized team around strategic goals and core brand and marketing objectives.
- A results-driven mindset with a comprehensive understanding of data and analytics, and a proven ability to translate numbers and results to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- The ability to think high-level about a large organization, while also getting into the weeds when required to action against an urgent crisis or opportunity.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.