Uber is changing the way the world moves and has become one of the fastest growing and most successful start-ups in history. We’re not just about moving people - we’re also about creating a marketplace to bring people what they want, when they want it, and this is leading to ground-breaking expansion and innovation. However whilst we’ve achieved a huge amount already, the growth opportunity ahead is still infinitely greater and we have the mandate and resources to rapidly accelerate growth to seize this.
The cornerstone of Uber’s success is its passionate obsession of its customers. The product was built from a passion to improve a customer experience, and since then Uber has delivered magical experiences and opportunities to millions of riders, drivers and eaters across LATAM. As we expand into new categories and audiences, our customer obsession will be more important than ever, and this role will be the custodian of their voices.
About the role:
As lead for Research and Analytics in LATAM, you will create the structure, processes and tools for unearthing the voice of all customers and integrating this into Uber’s marketing strategy and planning rhythms. Uber has incredibly interesting audience sets, with one brand delivering transport needs, food delivery and creating job opportunities to often unique and sometimes overlapping segments. You will be equally focused on deeply understanding the millions of existing customers as well as the millions of people yet to try Uber.
This role serves as a critical link between marketing and the broader business, helping to provide insights that can shape our roadmap and marketing direction, as well as helping to ensure that everyone knows who our customers are from the rider, driver and eater side (as well as future category innovations!). The ability to marry and synthesize qualitative/quantitative research with data analytics and social listening insights is paramount.
If you’re a great leader, researcher, analyst and communicator comfortable in a high-velocity startup, and unafraid to push limits, we’d like to talk with you.
Who you are
- Vision: You have a blank canvas to define the structures and resources required to put the customer's’ voice at the centre of Uber
- Natural-born Leader: you will be leading cross-function groups to deliver complex and powerful projects.
- Analytical Guru: Data analytics are core to Uber. You will need to use this as a foundation for strategic prioritisation, and marry data with deeper understanding of customer perception and behaviour
- Humble & scrappy: not afraid to take on any challenge when it will clear roadblocks to achieve objectives
- Connector: collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders to create the smartest processes for Uber
What you’ll do
- Mine data and analytics to gain a better understanding of customer behaviors, including impacts of current marketing strategies.
- Build framework, processes and roadmap for research and analytics in all of Latin America.
- Lead the design and execution of all concept testing, brand tracking, audience profiling and segmentation research.
- Build and execute qualitative and quantitative research plans blending internal analytics as appropriate to create holistic audience insights.
- Own the single voice of the customer internally by connecting insights with broader business projects and initiatives.
- Establish resourcing requirements to create best-in-class customer insights capability, including team structure and agency partnerships.
- Lead customer insight deep-dive projects in line with business needs and priorities.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions and share with key stakeholders.
- Lead end-to-end qualitative, quantitative and data analytics market research initiatives.
- Uncover customer insights and market trends that guide Uber’s integrated marketing strategy.
- Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 8-10 years in a research role.
- Strong track record of taking customer / market research and working with marketing teams to implement.
- Strong experience in data mining, and the ability to transform model and dashboard information into business strategies.
- Strong experience in survey design, and building structural processes to implement these into business rhythms.
- A clear passion for identifying customer needs / behaviours and insights.
- The drive to explore and define research opportunities throughout the company.
- An understanding of prediction and persuasion models.
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate research findings.
- Experience using SQL and proficiency with multiple analytic and database tools common within a marketing organization.
- Employees are given certain Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.