The Physical Security team is dedicated to protecting all things Uber - with a major focus on our most important asset, our people. The Global Programs team helps to lead this mission using a data driven and risk based approach to support our Regional Security Managers, and design processes and guidelines to keep Uber safe.
The Global Programs Lead will play a key role in building alignment and efficiency across the Physical Security team. This will include leading projects involving multiple teams, creating processes to improve security efficiency, and implementing ways to measure the team’s effectiveness in supporting the business. The successful candidate for this role will be an organized thinker with a solid foundation in physical security principles and the ability to creatively problem solve with those skills. This role is a hybrid of Physical Security, Project Management, Communications, and Problem Solver. Someone who is eager to understand challenges from every angle, and lead in the implementation of solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead the efforts for global alignment, tracking, and measurement across the Physical Security team.
- Support the teams in Global Programs and across Physical Security to organize, prioritize, and manage their projects.
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for cross-team collaboration.
- Build and implement global processes.
- Create and present quarterly reports. Create and track KPI’s.
- Miscellaneous projects that are key in supporting Physical Security.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 4 years leading programs and major projects.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication and written skills to influence and instill confidence at all levels and in all functions/geographies.
- Enthusiasm for solving problems and implementing creative solutions.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the perfect balance of attention to detail and swift execution.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative in finding and implementing solutions.
- Capable of fostering a culture of Trust, Honesty, and Integrity.
- Experience working across geographies and cultures.
- Solid analytics experience and the ability to find and track meaningful metrics to enhance physical security.
- Travel as required to get things done.
- Experience with cross-functional, complex physical security project management.
- International physical security experience.
- Experience writing and training to playbooks.
- Physical incident tracking and reporting experience.
- Vendor management.