We’re a game-changing company offering our users global access to quality on-demand transportation and logistics services with a touch of their smartphone. We are currently searching for a Associate Counsel to join in our APACx Transactions team, with expertise in supporting a growing and fast-moving enterprise sales organisation, as well as relevant experience negotiating, drafting and managing business, commercial and marketing transactions as we scale nationally and globally. You will be based at Uber’s offices in Singapore or Hong Kong. Are you a master of enterprise-level deal terms and negotiations? Do you want to bring your expertise to Uber? Do you want to make a difference? Read on...
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work within the legal transactions team covering the Asia-Pacific region (excluding India).
- Work closely with the other members of the Transactions team drafting, reviewing, negotiating and taking ownership of all commercial transactions of the business. This ranges from general commercial agreement to more specific strategic deals in the region.
- Work with our enterprise sales teams, supporting the negotiation and drafting of various agreements for products such as Uber For Business, Uber Eats, Uber Central and Uber Events, as well as establishing legal tools and policies to support these teams.
- Collaborate with the enterprise sales team as a day-to-day point of contact within the legal group to manage enterprise sales negotiations and agreement terms.
- Support the marketing, product and city teams on various other transactional matters.
- Conduct legal research and the evaluation of different risks regarding business operations in the region.
- Addressing questions from multiple stakeholders in the business including guidance and clarification on all commercial legal matters.
- Develop and adjust legal policies and internal guidance to help support the business.
- Preparing legal educational material for training programmes in-house to both legal and non-legal personnel.
- Liaising and manage external counsel advice, invoicing and selection.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- A law degree from a recognised University.
- 4-6 years of relevant experience as a lawyer within a recognised law firm or multinational company. In-house experience will be preferred.
- A team-player who is motivated to make a difference and help the Uber legal team support the company’s growth.
- Strong skills in legal drafting, negotiation, commercial and corporate law knowledge, legal research and experience dealing with law firms is a must. We are looking for lawyers who want to excel.
- Experience supporting an enterprise sales team is a plus.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in written form. You will be working in a dynamic work environment that will require you to understand a lot of information in a short space of time and be able to advise clearly and succinctly.
- Knowledge of the organisation and the technology sector, global collaboration, and exceptional ethics and judgment. A genuine interest in this sector is a requirement as we are looking for our lawyers to truly add value to the business.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously while maintaining high quality and performance under pressure. You will be covering a large and busy region for the company and a strong work-ethic is a must in this relatively small but highly effective team.
- Local legal admission preferred.
- Fluency in English is a requirement with an additional language skill a bonus.
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.