At Uber, providing amazing support within our community—across Riders, Driver partners, Eaters and delivery drivers—is at the core feature of the Uber user experience. We’re obsessed about providing the highest quality service in the smartest, most efficient way. And for Uber to continue its growth and success, we need to improve and scale our fast-growing support operations.
We’re looking for a Head of Operations to lead our regional network of Greenlight Hubs, which are our in-person driver partner onboarding and support centers, where we help new Uber drivers get on the road for the first time, provide support and build engagement for our growing driver partner community.
This role involves leading a team of Greenlight hub Managers and their respective teams of Uber Experts across 11 countries in the Southeast and North Asia regions, in addition to a regional team. You’ll be responsible for setting strategy and continually optimising Greenlight Hub operations whilst ensuring thousands of driver partners enjoy an experience that reflects the Uber brand.
WHO YOU ARE
- An authentic leader & effective manager. You are passionate about leading and developing large, multi-country, multi-function teams to perform at the highest levels while maintaining a fun and collaborative environment.
- A brilliant communicator. You’re eloquent and able to strike the right tone, whether you’re explaining a new policy to driver partners in person, or explaining recommendations of a data-driven study you conducted to global stakeholders.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of new and existing driver partners. You will be a powerful advocate for Uber and are obsessed with the community experience.
- A lover of process and optimisation. You will be revolutionising in-person support for the Uber community. You’re excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others in iterating and implementing them.
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a compelling way.
- An ace problem solver. You embrace challenges, and love to generate solutions--whether they’re hacky, short-term workarounds, or more sustainable, long-term process changes. You can design the right solution for the right environment, and have the diligence to follow through, win stakeholder buy-in, and deliver the desired outcomes.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage a team of GL hub managers covering 50+ locations across SENA to deliver on customer experience and transform GL Hub operations
- Lead the strategic vision and financial performance of GL hubs across the region
- Continuously evaluate and improve the experience, from a customer, employee and brand perspective
- Be a passionate advocate for driver partners and positively influence how we interact with them and resolve issues.
- Work with internal stakeholders, be it local teams to improve how we move cities, regional teams to improve the impact of marketing and partnership initiatives, and global teams to improve internal tools and the overall user experience.
- Listen attentively to the voice of Uber’s driver partners and provide actionable insight to the rest of the company that directly impacts how the Uber app works.
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in business, economics, finance or any science-related fields
- People management experience with proven ability to effectively lead & manage a large, distributed, multi-layer team; set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and manage through challenging managerial situations.
- Prior professional experience in optimisation, processes, systematic organisation, program/project management
- Site management or regional leadership of retail-like operations or sites operating across several geographies, including in under-developed locations
- Highly developed business judgement and critical thinking skills with a demonstrated ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in high-volume or extremely fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a support organisation or for organisations known for stellar support outcomes is a plus
- Experience working in regulated markets or industries
- Experience managing a P&L
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We’re not just another social web app; we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally