The Reporting Manager will be the point of contact and owner of reporting compliance requirements for assigned entities in the region and ensures that related activities which include (but are not limited to) monthly and quarterly tax returns, registrations, statutory external audits, and other ad-hoc requests, including tax audit support, are performed inline with prescribed due dates.
The role will report to the Regional Reporting Lead and work closely with other regional compliance and tax leads to manage requests and support the Reporting function. The Reporting Manager is also expected to work closely with the third party global reporting and compliance partner (s) for the assigned entities to drive efficiency for this function.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develops and maintains a project plan and calendar within the T2C tool for all compliance deadlines in conjunction with our global compliance partner to ensure completeness of deliverables and adherence to all deadlines.
- Engages with our compliance partner to ensure our business, operating model and processes are understood in relation to local regulations and requirements. Work closely with our compliance partner to support audits.
- Monitors and manages the global compliance partner relationship and service delivery.
- Helps to manage the service level with external partner and develops new ideas and processes to increase efficiency or to address service levels as needed. Monitor and aggregate compliance fees quarterly by type for the region.
- Fully understands the requirements (and changes to) US GAAP to STAT conversion for assigned entities and ensures that the US GAAP to STAT adjustments are processed in the STAT books by day 20.
- Coordinates the preparation of financial statements and management accounts ensuring a full review of all monthly adjustments to theprimary / US GAAP ledger which is also communicated to US GL team by day 25.
- Provides status on all compliance deadlines on a weekly or as-needed basis to key stakeholders. Communicates developments regularly with key stakeholders to ensure alignment. Works with our global compliance partner to manage all requests for compliance and aggregate data requests to support filings and ad-hoc requests.
- Participates in weekly compliance calls with the regional team, leading the discussion for assigned entities.
- Participates in monthly flux report and calls to the HQ for consolidation.
- Manages change requests for new country launches as needed.
- Works independently to research and resolve individual inquiries related to such requests liaising with accounting and tax as needed.
- Works with HQ and greater regional team on implementing reporting and related projects, constantly seeking ways to improve the reporting process both globally and regionally.
- Stays abreast of regional reporting developments to ensure requirements, current process and reporting remains relevant
- Identify and document process improvements and work with the regional team to develop a gameplan to implement changes at the regional level which can be used to train staff across regions
- Adhoc review of Statutory GL account reconciliations and select US GAAP balance sheet GL account reconciliations.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years professional experience, with 2+ years relevant month-end close experience
- Big 4 experience is a strong plus.
- A strong understanding of fundamental accounting concepts, principles and tax
- Team player, have ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders.
- Ability to interact with all departments and levels throughout our organization
- Ability to lead a team
- Excellent project and time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP is preferred
- CPA / CA / equivalent qualification preferred
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Full health care package to fit your needs
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.