The Reporting Senior Associates will work closely with our Tax team, Legal team, Treasury team, Finance Operations team and external consultants to ensure local reporting compliance and accuracy for assigned entities within the region. You will perform activities that include (but are not limited to) delivery of accurate and complete information to our compliance partners, preparation of monthly and quarterly tax returns and registrations, support statutory external audits and perform other ad-hoc activities including tax audit support, as per the prescribed due dates.
The role will report to the Reporting Manager and work closely with other members of the reporting and tax team to manage requests and support the Reporting function. The Reporting Senior Associates responsibility extends to working closely with the third party global reporting and compliance partner (s) for the assigned entities to drive efficiency for this function.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Maintains a project plan and calendar for all compliance deadlines in conjunction with our global compliance partner to ensure adherence to all deadlines.
- Understands our business, operating model and processes in relation to local regulations and requirements. Works closely with our compliance partner to ensure changes to local requirements are communicated and understood.
- Works closely with the third party global compliance partner to ensure accurate and complete information is provided in a timely manner. Manages all requests for information and data to support preparation of reporting deliverables and ad-hoc requests.
- Identifies process improvements which will increase efficiency or address service levels with the compliance partner as needed.
- Actively manages budgeted versus actual compliance fees for assigned entities, communicating any anticipated changes to the respective parties.
- Has an understanding of the requirements (and changes to) US GAAP to STAT conversion for assigned entities and prepares the monthly US GAAP to STAT adjustments entries, ensuring that they are processed in the STAT books timely.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and management reporting - ensuring all monthly adjustments to the primary / US GAAP ledger are reviewed by the Reporting Manager.
- Responsible for providing explanations on periodical variance analysis of specific entities.
- Monitors status on all compliance deadlines on a daily basis and communicates any concerns and anticipated issues to the Reporting Manager, seeking to resolve wherever possible.
- Prepares for and participates in, weekly compliance calls with the regional team.
- Supports information requests related to new country and product launches as needed.
- Works independently to research and resolve individual inquiries related to such requests liaising with accounting and tax as needed.
- Stays abreast of regional reporting developments to ensure requirements, current process and reporting remains relevant
- Keeps up to date on upcoming changes to the compliance landscape and determines how these changes will impact the existing compliance process.
- Review of Statutory GL account reconciliations on a monthly/quarterly basis and select US GAAP balance sheet GL account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years professional experience, with 1+ years relevant month-end close experience
- Big 4 experience is a strong plus.
- A strong understanding of fundamental accounting concepts, principles and tax
- Team player, have ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders.
- Ability to interact with all departments and levels throughout our organization
- Excellent project and time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP is preferred
- CPA / CA / equivalent qualification preferred
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Full health care package to fit your needs
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.