Head of Global Support Operations
At Uber, providing world-class customer support to riders and driver partners is a core feature of our product experience. Delivering this caliber of support isn’t easy - it takes leaders who can understand Uber’s operations, adapt to our constantly changing business, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists.
As the Head of Global Support Operations you will be responsible for growing and managing Uber’s global Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) network and Workforce Management (WFM) function within the Community Operations organization. With millions of customers seeking answers to questions about their interactions with Uber, and tens of thousands of Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) around the world helping answer those questions, it’s imperative that our support network is optimized to deliver a world-class support experience.
The right candidate is able to make tough data-backed decisions in a high-stakes, high-speed environment. They are passionate about Uber, passionate about solutions, and love getting in the weeds on any and all issues.
What you’ll be doing:
- Determine global contact center site strategy, including in-house vs. outsourced allocations, number of contact centers required, lines of businesses supported at each center, and staffing capacity requirements
- Create and maintain standards for managing BPOs and ensure regulatory compliance through close collaboration with Legal and Tax teams
- Liaise with internal/external audit and assessment teams to ensure compliance to established standards
- Establish team goals, measure team performance and ensure that performance management responsibilities are executed, including communication, performance monitoring, documentation and coaching
- Manage BPO procurement activities, including request for proposal process, due diligence, site selection, pricing and contract negotiation, and program launch and implementation
- Own BPO contracts, relationship management, and service delivery, and implement robust policies and mechanisms to ensure that BPOs meet and exceed Uber’s customer experience expectations
- Manage the BPO service cost and incentive models, regularly evaluate them for efficacy, and make enhancements as required
- Collaborate with Strategy & Planning teams to develop forecasts which reflects service demand across Uber’s product portfolio for network capacity planning purposes
- Manage global CSR staffing levels to meet service level requirements, while optimizing cost, quality, and efficiency
Additional experience and requirements:
- 10+ years of experience in strategic planning and leading large scale global contact center operations in a mixed outsourced and in-house environment
- Extensive experience in BPO relationship management and contract negotiation and administration
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop and promote top talent
- In-depth expertise in contact center forecasting, scheduling and capacity planning, and working with skill-based contact routing environments
- Experience selecting, implementing, and utilizing industry-accepted workforce planning software/applications
- In-depth understanding of integrated workforce management and quality assurance tools working in tandem with a robust Customer Relationship Management application and telephony systems
- Strong analytical abilities; able to dig into complex data sets to help inform decisions
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, and proven ability to influence and drive consensus at senior levels across functional and geographic boundaries in a matrix organization
- 30% business travel both domestic and international required
- Minimum of BA/BS; MBA or graduate degree preferred
- COPC Registered Coordinator certification strongly preferred
Benefits & Perks:
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.